Monday, October 8, 2012

Starbucks Hot Chocolate

Pin It

Oh, geez!!!  It all started when I was at Costco (again) today and saw that they are selling these tin canisters for Starbucks Hot Chocolate.  I thought how special their hot chocolate must be to 1) be selling them in a tin canister for the holidays 2) offer them at Costco 3) Costco has a coupon for $2.90 off in their monthly coupon booklet.  

Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't do coffee.  I don't crave it, don't like the smell of it, and don't really like hot drinks.  But, I do love hot chocolate!  Who doesn't? Right?  So, I thought I might as well just Google to see if there was a recipe for this special hot chocolate online.  hmmmmm?  The recipe is adapted from Todd Wilbur's-Top Secret Recipes.  

Even though Colorado has already gotten some snow this last week, and it's gotten cold and windy outside, it's in the 70's this week, Hot Chocolate Season is approaching us!  Although, my oldest (teenager in the house!) would have hot chocolate every day, if he had it his way! lol  I am grateful that even though I just made some of the whip cream recipe over the weekend for another recipe, that it won't be going to waste.  This hot chocolate recipe finished up the rest of the whip cream!  Yay!  ...Now, I just need to make more whip cream to go with this hot chocolate.... Does it ever end???! lol


Ingredients:
1/4 cup water
2 tbs sugar
2 tbs cocoa powder
1 3/4 cup hot milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
whip cream or Cool Whip homemade

In a 2-cup measuring glass, add the water, sugar, and cocoa powder.  Heat in microwave for about 30 seconds and stir.  Then, stir in the milk and vanilla extract to the chocolate syrup and heat until desired warmness, 1-2 minutes in the microwave.

Divide the chocolate milk between 2 coffee mugs and garnish with whip cream.  ( I personally think the whip cream makes it even more creamier and more enjoyable!  mmmmm....) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...