Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Crockpot Orange Ham

Pin It

Yes, I know it sounds unusual, especially to my husband, for a ham to be made in a crockpot.  When I was growing up, I didn't like ham....sorry, Mom.  So, with a combination of orange pop, pineapples,  and brown sugar, my ham tastes really, really good!? Prior to the last couple weeks, I had no idea how orange pop would taste with ham!  

However, I've gotten the raised-eyebrow look from everyone in my family...which is a really good feeling, considering I was skeptical about trying it!  What made it even nicer, was how easy it was to put this all together. :)  This recipe is adapted from The Crockin' Girls.  Thank You!!!! Cause it's a nice feeling to have your skeptical family sneak in bites of the ham when you're not lookin'...  Which leads me to consider going to get an extra spiral cut ham at King Soopers on clearance. 

Ingredients:
10 lbs spiral sliced ham, sized to fit your crockpot
20 oz can pineapple chunks or tidbits
1/2 cup brown sugar homemade
12 oz can orange pop

For my ham to fit in my large crockpot, I had to trim, dismantle, the top of the ham just to get the lid on all the way.

Spray your crockpot with a nonstick cooking spray and place the ham in the crockpot.  Pour the orange pop and pineapples with juice over the ham.  Then to top the ham, sprinkle the brown sugar over the ham to make a glaze.  Serve when heated through.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...