Monday, August 22, 2011

Moist Chocolate Cake

Pin It

This cake is a definite favorite of my family's.  I don't normally like to eat chocolate cake, because it is normally "dry."  Adding the chocolate chips makes it better, in my opinion.  Also, I feel like I'm eating somewhat "healthy" with the oats in it.  It is similar to a family recipe when I was little.  I do like that it has "simple" ingredients within.

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
6 tbs cocoa powder
1 tbs baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup veg oil
2 tbs vinegar
1 tbs vanilla
2 cups cold water
1/2 -1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.  In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, & salt.  Make 3 separate holes in the mix.  Pour veg oil in one, vinegar in another,  & vanilla in the other.

Pour cold water over all & mix well.  Stir in chocolate chips in pour batter into pan.


Spray with a non-stick cooking spray either a 9x13 pan or a bundt cake pan.  Bake for 45-60 minutes; test with toothpick.  (It took 60 minutes for my bundt cake pan.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...