Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Easy Glass Stove Top Cleaner That Works!

Pin It

The glass top stoves are so nice looking to me.  I really don't know why I chose to get another one when we moved, since they are such a pain to clean.  We've had this second one for a little more than three years. I've spent the time, frustration, and elbow grease put into trying to clean these without paying a lot of money, only to have little success, if any!!!  I found an idea, the boldness to try another method, from One Good Thing by Jillee on how to clean my flat top with ease.

Shown here are before pics and after pics, in the photos above.

Want to know a secret?!  Don't buy the Magic Erasers, the special cleaners at the hardware stores, the baking soda with peroxide or with vinegar and elbow grease, etc.   Just buy ammonia!  

Here's How:
Splash the burnt area with ammonia and cover with plastic wrap.  I used plastic baggies.  (If you use wax paper, the ammonia will evaporate and not work as well.)



Let sit overnight.  Mine soaked for a little more than 12 hours.

Remove the plastic.


Quickly and easily the stuff came off without any effort!  Must wipe quickly before the ammonia dries.  Be sure that you don't mix the ammonia with any bleach product.


The lovely stuck on gunk on my flat top stove now removed!

WOOHOO!  I'm a happy gal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...