Friday, February 3, 2012

Homemade Twix Bars

Pin It

Twix Bars are one of my favorite chocolate candy bars.  When I saw this recipe on Hoosier Homemade a couple years back, I jumped on it!  Made it while my kiddos were at school....good for me, bad for them!  I got to make another batch for them later that day.   So, as I made this candy today, they were so very excited~!  (I get the hint, that I don't make these often enough!)

Ingredients:
48 Club crackers
1 stick margarine
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 cup chocolate chips
2/3 cup peanut butter

Spray a 9x13 pan.  Align 24 crackers in the dish.


On the stove, melt the margarine, milk, sugars, and graham cracker crumbs.  Bring to boil over low/medium heat.  Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.

Quickly pour over the crackers and spread about evenly. Then, gently press the remaining 24 crackers over the sauce.


Place in freezer until firm, about 5-10 minutes.

Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and peanut butter together in a small bowl in the microwave for about 1 minute.  Stir well.

Remove dish from freezer.  Spread peanut butter/chocolate over the 2nd layer of crackers.  Return to freezer for the chocolate to harden, about 10 minutes.


Remove from freezer.  Cut into bars and enjoy!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...