Sunday, February 5, 2012

Easy Pico de Gallo

Pin It
Working in a restaurant for over 9 years, you'd think I'd know how to make pico de gallo!  ha.ha.ha.  After being out of this field of work for about a year, I just learned how to make it with success, thanks to Mommy's Kitchen's site!   I can eat this with a spoon, no chip; it is so good!  Now I'll save money making it myself and not buying any already made.  My son is also happy I learned how to make this.  Our homemade guacamole is even better with this pico de gallo!

Ingredients:
5 Roma tomatoes
1 small onion
1-2 tbs diced poblano pepper
cilantro leaves
lime juice to taste
salt to taste

Dice all the tomatoes, onions, and mix together with the poblano pepper (mild).  If you'd like to add more peppers, do so; I don't like it spicy.  I love the flavor of cilantro.  So, I put quite a bit in.  Just make sure you remove the stems for the cilantro.  I used my kitchen scissors to chop up the leaves.

Add the lime juice. (I used a few splashes.)  And add a dash of salt to taste.  Stir well and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...