Saturday, May 5, 2012

Crescent Roll Cinnamon Rolls

Pin It
(Look at my friend's photo using this recipe!  ((((gush!!!))) I love it!  To make her's, she use the whole recipe for the crescent rolls, & then cut into 1/2" sections, yielding 2 cake pans of yummy delicious cinnamon rolls!  Check out her blog, Simplify Mommyhood.)

After making another batch of dough from the homemade crescent rolls recipe yesterday, I was stuck with what to do with them!  I ended up making two batches of the Cinnamon Bars for a Cinco de Mayo celebration at my kid's school earlier this week with a batch of the dough, but I was originally planning to make 4 batches of the bars.  I felt like all I did last week was cook Mexican and did not want to make anything today!  But, when I saw this recipe from Iowa Girl Eats, I was instantly motivated to get back into the kitchen to "wow" my family!  She was right about making more than one batch of these suckers!  ...wow... they are sooo good!


The recipe was so awesome and quick!  I loved giving my untouched mini muffin pans something to do with this recipe!  The dough from the homemade crescent rolls could easily make 4 batches (about 48) miniature cinnamon roll bites.  I only made about 36 rolls.  I will use the other 1/4 loaf of dough for something else...maybe more cinnamon roll bites tomorrow????! 

Ingredients:
1/4 homemade crescent roll dough or 1 tube of refrigerated crescent rolls
2 tbs melted butter
1-2 tbs brown sugar
cinnamon/sugar mixture (1/4 cup sugar + 2 tsp cinnamon)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Spray your miniature muffin pans with a nonstick cooking spray.

Roll out the dough on a floured surface to about 9"x13".  Smear the butter over the dough (including the edges), sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon/sugar mixture over the butter.  Gently roll the dough up.  With kitchen shears, cut the dough into about 1/2" segments and place into the muffin pan.  This should yield you about 12 miniature cinnamon roll bites.

Bake in the oven for about 8 minutes.  Let cool on a plate and drizzle with your favorite icing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...