Monday, July 2, 2012

Green Weed Killer

Pin It

These pesky weeds have lost in the attack on my yard!  lol These prickly weeds are very intimidating with their sharp thorns on the leaves.  But, their roots are not very grounded and are very easily pulled with the right tool.  So, what's the secret?  Simply grab a plastic grocery bag, wad it up, & pull at the base of the weed, kinda like picking up doggie doo-doo on the yard.  Pretty easy, huh?!  Now, I won't be afraid to yank these suckers out of the ground!!! ...Just wish I knew about this a long time ago! lol


My boys were soo jealous of my large successful bag, they wanted to pull weeds!  The night air was really cool when I pulled the weeds, a nice change from the smokey air from the Waldo Canyon Fires  on the westside of Colorado Springs, CO.  The fires are over 50% contained, burned over 17,000 acres, threatened thousands of homes, claimed two lives, and burned 346 homes to the ground.  I am happy to say that our local food pantry has received over a million pounds of food from donations since the fires started June 23, 2012.  Thank you for all the prayers and support to get the fires contained.  Our firefighters and others from across the country have tirelessly devoted to putting out the fires, working over 12, 16, or 24 hour shifts and even sleeping in sleeping bags on concrete or in tents on the ground!

  

This was a picture that I took Tuesday night as the fires crossed over the ridge, heading down towards the city, burning homes.  It was a very scary and emotional night watching the fires burn my city, destroying homes.  My husband knows of a few of his friends who lost their homes from this merciless fire.  There will be no fireworks celebrated this year from the high fire danger.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...