Sunday, July 8, 2012

Homemade Nesquik

Pin It

Seriously, it's almost midnight, and I found a new recipe to share with y'all.  Funny how you can be on a hunt for something, and you find yourself on a rabbit trail looking up something else!  So, in the midst of trying to find a recipe for something chocolaty, I came across the recipe for Homemade Nesquik, thanks to Sugar Bananas.

What I originally wanted to try has the ingredient for this chocolate powder, but shoot!  I haven't bought any Nesquik in years!  I thought that surely there's a recipe online for a chocolate powder for an easy way to make chocolate milk!  shhhh!  My four boys don't know about it yet!  Uh-oh!  I can see milk being added to my grocery list for later this week!

Good thing that I have a stash of cocoa powder in my pantry!  I have a feeling my oldest will be making this quite a bit on his own, without me knowing it! lol  Therefore, I'll be making a larger batch of this recipe in the nearer future!  Meanwhile, here is a smaller batch for you to try yourself.  Sounds too easy!  (It is!) Now, you can save more money on your groceries, and your kids will love the taste! ....I've already had two glasses tonight! :o

Ingredients:
1/3 cup cocoa powder
2/3 cup sugar
dash of salt

Combine ingredients & shake in a covered container.  Use 2 heaping teaspoons (depending on chocolate preference) for an individual serving (8 oz) of milk.  But, to dissolve the powder the best, add just a bit of hot water and stir.  Then, fill the rest of the glass with milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...