Sunday, July 8, 2012

Hash Brown Potato Casserole

Pin It

After trying this Hash Brown Potato Casserole different ways to make it "more" frugal, it didn't turn out quite the way my DH loves.  My mom would always make this casserole at all the holiday meals for years, and my DH always loved eating it! (Me too!)  So, I broke down, setting aside my frugal alternatives, and made it as she makes it.   This is indeed a family favorite!

Ingredients:
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
16 oz sour cream
2 cups shredded cheese
6 cups frozen shredded potatoes

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 9x13 pan with a nonstick cooking spray.

In a large mixing bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, and shredded cheese until well mixed.  Then, stir in the shredded potatoes and place into the 9x13 pan.

Bake for about 45-60 minutes, or until hot.

Garnish with chives or bacon bits as an option, or just plain is good as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...