Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cream Cheese Cinnamon Bars

Pin It

After seeing so many recipes with crescent rolls online, I figured it was time for me to make a batch of the dough in my bread machine, as the tubed crescent rolls are overpriced for my grocery budget.  I have always loved these bars.  My mechanic at Aspen Auto Clinic get these goodies today, as they take care of my car.  I love that the dough recipe gives me 32 rolls, equivalent to 4 tubes at the grocery store; what a savings!  I have part of dinner worked out with the remaining dough. :)  The recipe for the Cinnamon Bars is adapted from The Recipe Link.  I also love that this recipe has half the cream cheese of other recipes; now I don't have to go buy more cream cheese, just to make this work.

Ingredients:
2 tubes crescent rolls (or 1/2 homemade dough)
8 oz softened cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup butter melted
cinnamon and sugar mixture


Directions:
As stated earlier, I used the homemade dough.  It should be separated into half.  You will only use one of the two halves.  Just halve one of the halves for the crust and the top layer.


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 9x13 pan with a nonstick cooking spray.

Smooth out dough to fit inside 9x13 pan.  It was pretty easy stretching it as for "pizza crust."


Whip together the softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.  Spread over the the dough evenly.


With the remaining dough, place over the cream cheese.  Pour the melted butter over the dough and sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar mixture.


Bake in oven for about 25 minutes.  The toothpick should come clean when tested in the middle.  Cool before cutting.



1 comment:

  1. Angela, these sound delicious! I can't wait to try them! Thanks for the recipe and for the link to the homemade crescent roll dough. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...