Thursday, September 1, 2011

Easy Make Your Own Popcorn

Pin It

We used to do a lot of microwave popcorn, but it got to be too expensive, when I was cutting down costs in my food budget.  It's a great snack for school lunches, but needed to find a better way!  Back in the day when I was growing up, we didn't have microwaves, and neither did my grandparents when they made popcorn!  So, how did they do it?

Measure 1/4 cup of oil into a Dutch oven pot, put a few kernels into the oil, cover & let your cold pot heat up.  Once you hear a "pop," your oil is ready.  Pour 1 cup of kernels in, cover, and let cook until all popped on medium heat, shaking the pot occasionally.  Be careful not to burn the popcorn.  The popcorn should fill up the whole pot.

At Sunflower Farmers Market, I just found it for $.79/lb, on sale.  I plan to buy some extra.

Toss into a large bowl & season with salt, or your other favorite seasoning.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...