Saturday, September 17, 2011

Baked French Fries

Pin It

These baked french fries are one of my family's favorites.  I can make them so much cheaper than what I used to buy them for at the store, especially when I get the potatoes on sale.

Ingredients:
3-4 potatoes
1/4- 1/2 cup oil
chili powder
garlic salt

Rinse the potatoes well & slice.  I slice the potato in half, then again slice the potato about 1/4" thick.  Toss potatoes in some oil and place into microwave safe bowl and cover slightly, or place in microwave safe bag with ventilation.    I use the "Baked Potato" Button on my microwave, roughly 7-10 minutes.  This cuts down on baking time in the oven.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Line jelly roll pan (or a pan with sides to prevent a mess in the oven) with foil.  Dab some oil onto a paper napkin or paper towel and smear over the foil.  You do not want the potatoes to stick to the foil.  Align the potatoes on the foil, careful to not overlap.  

Sprinkle potatoes with chili powder and garlic salt.  Bake for about 10 minutes, or until desired doneness, crispy on both sides.  Some in my family like them "burnt"/crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...