Monday, September 5, 2011

Prices on Seasonings

Pin It

Cumin is a seasoning I just love the taste & smell of.  It is in a few main staples in our household cooking, like homemade simmered salsa, chili, and any other recipe that uses taco seasoning.  In my kitchen, I just add some cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder or garlic salt to taste.

Because I use cumin in quite a few of my dishes, I used to groan every time I needed to buy more at about $3 for 2 oz.  But was elated to find a Dollar Tree location to have cumin!  It's a bit over 2 oz for $1.00.  I know that there are bulk bins for seasonings you can get deals on, but we don't have those here in my city, that I know of.  I have found Wal-Mart to have decent prices for some of my staple seasonings chili powder ($.50) and garlic powder ($.77).  But, I buy my salt at King Sooper's for $.39.

Cumin's Effect On Health

What are your favorite seasonings?

2 comments:

  1. I've been doing the same thing - I found bay leaves in bulk at Whole Foods for pennies on the dollar compared to the price of a jar with .05 more ounces.

    It's amazing how it all adds up!

    I love for you to visit me at http:/www.checkmatesystem.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,@MaryMary86! I really should look into dropping in @ Whole Foods; it's right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...