Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Rich Chocolate Frosting

Pin It

For my son's birthday treats at school, I got some plain glazed donuts, but I wanted to spruce them up some.  I looked online for a chocolate frosting to put on them.  They turned out amazing, and all the kids in the class loved it, including my own!

For his birthday cake, I used the same recipe to pour on top of his This Isn't a Brownie, But a Cake?  Wow.  It has a very rich flavor & is very moist.  The taste of the frosting does not have a "waiting period" for the "right" taste.  In my opinion, a lot of frostings have to wait, to neutralize the powdered sugar taste.  Immediately, it tasted good.  In fact, the cake & frosting tasted better the next day.  My husband said that it didn't taste as "sweet," and was not as overwhelming.

To coat the 9x13 cake completely, I doubled the frosting recipe.  My husband said that with the frosting, it almost had a "molten lava" effect to it, as the bottom layer of the frosting oozed out, while the top layer was hardened.  


It is a definite well-liked cake and easy to make with ingredients already on hand.  The recipe is adapted from Secret Donut Recipe.  I haven't tried the donuts, yet; another recipe to put on my list to try. 

Ingredients:
1 cup powdered sugar 
2 tbs cocoa
1/4 cup milk
1/2 -1 tsp butter

In a small bowl, mix together the the powdered sugar & cocoa.  Warm up the milk and butter together in another bowl and pour into the powdered sugar & cocoa mixture.  Stir well, dissolving the sugar & cocoa.  Spread over dessert.  Cool to let harden.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...