Thursday, January 19, 2012

Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

Pin It

Too bad my kids are at school right now... they are missing out on these yummy, chewy chocolate chip granola bars.  I will either have to make another quick and easy batch before they get home or only allow them to wait until tomorrow to have these.  I am very happy that these are easy to make and using up items I already have on hand.  The recipe is adapted from The Marathon Mom.  I know my grocery budget is happy to save money by making these, instead of buying another box at the store.  I like that this recipe is very forgiving, ie. it's okay to add a little a little extra oats or cereal.  I've started to have to double this recipe.  Otherwise, I'd make it 5x/week for school lunches and me!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup butter
1 cup quick oats
1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
1/2 - 1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Spray an 8x8 pan with a nonstick cooking spray.  In the microwave, melt together the peanut butter, honey, and butter.  Stir until creamy.


Add oats, cereal, and chocolate chips.  Mix well.  Press into pan.  (I sprayed my utensil to keep it from sticking.)


Chill in freezer for about 10 minutes, or until firm.  Cut into bars.  Makes 12 servings.


Option:  Add any favorite fruits or nuts to mix.  Also, you can melt the chocolate before adding the cereal and oats, if you'd like.  My family prefers the chocolate chips melted.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...