Saturday, August 27, 2011

Salisbury Steak

Pin It

So, it's been about a year and a half that I've been making my own Salisbury Steak.  I used to buy it in the frozen section to feed my family of 6.  Then, I realized that all those frozen dinners are just meals made ahead of time & frozen!  OMG!  This is one of my family's favorite meals.

Earlier this week, I thought I would make a big batch for us to eat for dinner & save the rest, only I forgot to put some aside before serving it.  Ooops, we ate almost the whole thing & had a little bit for some leftovers that I portioned out.  Normally, I don't make this big of a batch for one meal.

Ingredients:
3 pounds hamburger meat
3 eggs
1/2 cup homemade bread crumbs
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 -1 cup milk

Sauce:
2 brown gravy packets
1/3 cup diced mushrooms

Mix all ingredients well, take a spoonful of mixture & form into patty in hand.  Place in hot oiled skillet. Add more oil as needed.  Let meat cook & flip until no more pink.

For the sauce, fix according to package & add some mushrooms.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...