Monday, September 26, 2011

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Pin It

After searching and searching for a chewy and puffy chocolate chip cookie recipe, I finally found it today while cleaning out my emails!  I kinda gave up trying to find a recipe, as all the others I made came out flat and crispy.  It appears that my trusted recipe on the back of the chocolate chips bag is no longer listed, and I never did save a bag with the recipe on it.

So, with this new recipe, my husband did not even want to share his cookie, when he took a bite!  Prior to finding this recipe, I almost resorted having to go out and buy some vanilla pudding to put in the mix, as I don't keep that on hand in my pantry.  Needless to say, I am so excited to share Kody's Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies!  The recipe is slightly modified.

Ingredients:
1 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar or homemade
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups flour
6 oz mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Mash well together the butter or margarine with the two sugars.  (Do not melt the butter.)  Add the egg and vanilla, beating with a mixer for 3 minutes.  It will become very stiff and reminds me of making French Silk Pie.  Next, add the flour, baking soda, and salt.  The dough will be very dry, but keep mixing well, and add the chocolate chips.

To portion my cookies, I used a ice cream scoop.  They came out very large, but maintained their shape for the most part, as they did not spread.  Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.  Because of the size, I was only able to do 9 on a sheet.  The recipe would've made more than 27 large cookies, if some of the batter wasn't tested by the baker in Angela's Kitchen!

The original recipe says to make for 8-10 minutes.  I ended up doing closer to 13 minutes, from the size.  Just keep a good eye on them and adjust your time accordingly.  You don't want them to be crispy, just lightly colored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...