Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix

Pin It

We are on our second snowfall for October, right now, here in Colorado.  I thought it would be fitting to pull out my homemade hot chocolate recipe.  I did not have enough of the ingredients to make my ultra-large batch, but I thought I would it with what I had, and modified the portions.  It's been two years, since I last made some.  Last year, I got all my hot chocolate boxes free after coupons.  My boys raided all of those, and in no time, they were gone!  I think I need to add more powdered milk to my grocery list to make more.  It would also be nice to have a coffee maker for hot water only!  :)


Ingredients:
2/3 cup powdered milk
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tbs cocoa

Mix all ingredients together.  For each 1 cup of hot water, use 4 tbs (1/4 cup) of the mix; stir well.  This is not a very large batch.  I think I got 4 cups of hot chocolate out of it, great for Christmas gifts to teachers.
 
For a larger batches:
1 1/3 cups powdered milk
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup cocoa

2 2/3 cups powdered milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa

5 1/3 cups powdered milk
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup cocoa

10 2/3 cups powdered milk
4 cups powdered sugar
2 cups cocoa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...