Thursday, October 27, 2011

Swedish Meatballs

Pin It

Swedish Meatballs are one of my favorite foods that I grew up on.

Ingredients:
1 small diced onion
2 lbs hamburger meat
2 eggs
1 cup Italian bread crumbs homemade
2 cup cream of mushroom soup homemade (reserve 1/4 cup)

In a nonstick skillet, saute your diced onions.



When done, mix thoroughly the diced onions, hamburger meat, eggs, bread crumbs, and 1/4 cup cream of mushroom soup.

To make the meat drippings for the gravy, I cooked a few of the meatballs in the skillet, to be made later.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Line a large jelly roll pan with foil and coat with oil to prevent sticking.  I've had better luck coating with oil versus a nonstick cooking spray.

With the rest of the meat, I portioned all onto prepared pan, using an ice cream scoop.


Bake for 25-30 minutes.  Remove from oven and let drain on paper towels.

To make the gravy, I removed all excess oil, but about a couple tablespoons, that was reserved from earlier.  I stirred a tablespoon of flour into the oil, then gradually stirred in the remaining 1 3/4 cup cream of mushroom soup.  Stir over medium heat, removing all lumps.  Bring to a boil.  Then, remove from heat.


Pour gravy over meatballs.  Serve with your favorite sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...