Friday, October 28, 2011

Moist Chocolate Pound Cake

Pin It
Going through my recipe folder and came across this Chocolate Pound Cake recipe that my mom gave me a while back, so I thought I'd give it a try.  I have no idea where the recipe came from.  My boys were excited to have it in their lunches.  They even wanted it for breakfast, of course!

Ingredients:
2 cups flour 
2 cups sugar
1 small box chocolate instant pudding powder
1 stick butter/margarine
4 tbs cocoa
1 cup water
1/2 cup veg oil
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla


Mix together in a large bowl the flour, sugar, and pudding.

In a medium saucepan, heat the following ingredients together:  butter, cocoa, water, oil, and salt.  Bring to a boil over medium heat.  Remove from heat for about five minutes.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Then, add the chocolate sauce to the flour mixture in the large bowl.  Stir well.  Then, gradually add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one.

In a measuring cup, combine the water, milk, and lemon juice.  Let sit for a minute or so.  This is a substitute for buttermilk.  Then, add the baking soda and vanilla to the "buttermilk."  Mix well and stir into the batter.

Pour batter into a greased and "cocoa-coated" bundt cake pan.  The recipe says to bake for 45-55 minutes.  But, I ended up doing 65 minutes.  Test with a tooth pick.  The edges should pull-away from the pan.  Let cool some before taking out of pan.  I was happy that the cake came out with no problems.  

Coat with your favorite frosting/glaze.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...