Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sour Cream Sauce

Pin It

I'm not Mexican, but I love to eat Mexican foods, the mild stuff, anyways!  Wanted to reuse some of the leftovers from a Spanish Rice Casserole from last night.  I threw in some extra diced chicken, some more cheese, a little bit more seasoning, and rolled it up into a dinner I will have more leftovers, I think!  (As not everyone is eating at home tonight.)  I like to taste my foods while I make them.  I had to exercise some self-control to stop eating the sauce on top of these burritos!  Oh, my son went "nuts" over the sauce as well.  I hope you like it, too!

Recipe adapted Sour Cream Sauce for Enchiladas and Chimichangas.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup flour
1 3/4 cup chicken broth (I used water & 1 large bullion cube)
1 cup shredded jack/cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk

In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter.  While whisking, gradually, add the flour and chicken broth, smoothing out all lumps as they appear.  Remove from heat.  Then, add the shredded cheese.


Stir until the cheese is melted.  Then, add the sour cream.  I had to stir in some milk to get the creamy consistency I was looking for, to spread over the burritos.

Spread this over your favorite burritos or enchiladas.  If you'd like sprinkle some extra cheese as a garnish, over the sauce.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, until hot  and bubbly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...