Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Chewy Granola Crisp Bars

Pin It

Chewy granola bars are one of my favorites, but they are so expensive for what little you get in a box!  Growing up as a kid, I used to devour a box of the chocolate coated granola bars.  I have tried many different granola bars before, but I have not liked any of them as much as the ones with Rice Krispies.  I think the next time I make some, it will need to be a double batch.  My boys went "nuts" over these!  

The recipe is adapted from Food.com.

Ingredients:
2 cups Rice Krispies
1 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup dried fruit (I used cranberries)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar 
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup peanut butter (plain or crunchy)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup frozen chocolate chips (to maintain shape)

In a large bowl, combine cereal, oats, and dried fruit.

Spray an 8x8 pan with a nonstick cooking spray.

In a saucepan, over low to medium heat, heat the brown sugar and honey.  Remove from heat, right as it's about ready to start boiling.  Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla.


 Quickly, mix together with the dry ingredients as best as possible.   Press into prepared 8x8 pan.  Let cool slightly, cut into bars, and chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...