Thursday, November 10, 2011

Snickerdoodle Cookies

Pin It
Snickerdoodles!  Yumm!  I definitely recommend doubling this recipe.  When you do, it yields 18 jumbo cookies.  I think this is my favorite cookie recipe; I make it often for school lunches.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup margarine/butter @ room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour

Topping
2 tbs sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  In a large bowl, beat margarine/butter, sugar, and egg until fluffy.  Add vanilla.  Next, add cream of tartar, baking soda, and flour.  Stir well.

To get the large cookies, I used an ice cream scoop.  But, from the original recipe, the dough is only supposed to be molded into 1" balls.  Toss the dough into the cinnamon/sugar topping.  

Line the cookie sheets with parchment paper.  Align the cookies to be about 2" apart.  Bake for 8-10 minutes.  (My BIG cookies ended up baking for about 15 minutes.)  They should be lightly browned around the edges and be firm on the bottoms.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...