Friday, December 16, 2011

Cracker Candy

Pin It Last year, while in the process of getting out of debt, I found this recipe for Cracker Candy and thought I'd give it a try.  It's a sweet and salty flavor with a crunch texture.  I like it a little too much!  The easy and quick recipe that I want to share with you is adapted from Frugal Mama.

Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
saltine crackers (a little less than 1 bag, 1/4 lb)
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Take a 9x13 pan, line it with parchment paper, and place it with the crackers evenly, not overlapping.  I did not use a whole bag (1/4 lb), for my 9x13 pan.  I've made it in the 10x15 pan before, but I think I like the 9x13 pan better, as it's easier for cleanup.

In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and sugar together.  Stir constantly to get the sugar dissolved.  Bring to boil over low heat; it won't take long at all!  Boil, stirring still, for 3 minutes.  (I have seen some recipes where they boil for 5 minutes.)

Quickly, pour the sauce over the crackers, as evenly as possible.

Place in oven for 5 minutes.   Then, sprinkle the chocolate chips over the "goop" and let melt a minute.  Then, spread the melted chocolate over the top of the candy, as best as possible.

Place in fridge for about an hour, until hardened, and break into pieces as big or as little as you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...