Wednesday, November 23, 2011

"Durkee" French Fried Onions

Pin It

A few years ago, I was behind schedule with planning ahead for our holiday meal.  I remember seeing the Durkee French Fried Onions for about a buck.  But, the day before, I could only find some for about $3.  WHAT!?  Went on a crazy venture to find a recipe to make them myself.  I am very happy to have found them.  They are really made like onion rings.  The recipe is adapted from a GF recipe.

Ingredients:
1 sliced onion
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 tsp salt
dash of pepper
oil

Let your onion soak in milk for about five minutes.



Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat the oil on medium heat.  In a small bowl, add the flour, salt, and pepper.

Toss the soaked onion slices in the flour mixture.  Then, add to the heated oil.  Cook until desired doneness/brownness, about five minutes.

Let sit on paper paper towels.   Add to favorite recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...