Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Easy Dried Egg Noodle Pasta

Pin It

Making homemade noodles is what my husband's Mom and Grandma used to do for every holiday meal.  While my budget was really tight last year, I was NOT going to fork out $3 for a bag of frozen pasta that I could make myself.  These are thinner than last year, but will be just fine.

The recipe is adapted from Hillbilly Housewife.

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1/4 cup water
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt

In my bread machine, I added the eggs, water, flour, and salt, using the dough cycle.


Preheat oven to 250 degrees.  After the full cycle ended, I portioned them into smaller portions to roll out thinner.


Place on cookie sheet, and cut into thin strips using a pizza cutter.


Depending on the thickness of the dough slices, bake in oven for 10-20 minutes, until lightly crisp or crisp like a chip. 

Place in boiling water and cook until done.

For our dried noodles made at a fraction of the cost, my husband will be putting together the sauce with the cooked noodles for our holiday meal.   Meanwhile, my boys keep asking me for a small piece to eat; that's dried pasta....?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...