Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Crunch Berry Cereal Bars

Pin It Found this recipe out of a need to get rid of some cereal sitting untouched in my pantry.  It worked out great.  My kids loved it.  (I think I mainly liked it for the chocolate.)  The recipe is adapted from Spark Recipes.

Ingredients:
10.5 oz marshmallows
2 tbs butter
6 cups Captain Crunch Berry Cereal
1/2-1 cup chocolate chips

In a large bowl, melt the marshmallows and butter together in the microwave for about a minute.  Stir well. Add the cereal and gently toss together.

Spray a 9x13 pan with a nonstick cooking spray.  Press evenly the cereal in the pan.

Melt the chocolate chips for about a minute to a minute and a half in a small bowl.  Drizzle over the marshmallow cereal.  Place in fridge until hardened.  Cut into bars.

For the school lunches, I wrap the bars in wax paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...