Thursday, February 16, 2012

Shortcut Lemon Bars

Pin It

This is a new recipe I though I'd try.  I got some sugar cookie dough on clearance with some recipes in mind.  My boys wish I had put this in their lunches today.  It will be a nice treat to have when they get home from school; I know they will be very excited! The recipe is adapted from Pillsbury.com.

Ingredients:
16.5 oz refrigerated sugar cookie dough
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tbs flour
2 tbs margarine
1 tbs lemon extract
1/3 cup lemon juice
1-2 tbs powdered sugar (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray a 9x13 pan with a nonstick cooking spray.  Evenly press the cookie dough in the pan.  Bake for about 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar together.  Then, add the flour, margarine, lemon extract, and lemon juice mixing thoroughly.  My sauce had small chunks of margarine spread about and worked out fine.

Pour over baked cookie dough.  Bake for about 20 minutes.  Their was a small portion, about a quarter, of the dish that was still "baking."  You don't want to over bake this dessert.  It will continue "baking," as it cools.  The edges were kinda browned; I just took a knife to cut that part away as it cooled.

Once completely cooled, sprinkle with powdered sugar.  My son thinks this part is necessary, while I disagree. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...