Friday, February 17, 2012

Powdered Laundry Soap

Pin It

For the sake of convenience, I love this recipe.  Double the batch as necessary.  One batch is equivalent to about 17 loads, using 2 tbs/load.  It is not as cost effective as the liquid, in my opinion, however.

Ingredients:
1 cup Borax
1 cup washing soda
1 bar Ivory soap (hypoallergenic bar soap) or Fels Naptha shredded finely

Directions:
In a container, add the Borax, washing soda, and the Ivory soap or Fels Naptha.  (The bar of soap must manually be shredded by hand with a pairing knife, cheese grater, or by food processor.)

Mix together thoroughly.

Use 1-2 tbs/load.  Works fine in cold water.  However, if there is still soap bits in the washer, once the wash is finished, select a warmer water setting, or shred the soap finer.  For my own personal loads in my home, I use 2 tbs/load.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...