Friday, February 17, 2012

Homemade Oxyclean

Pin It

Hearing how valuable, yet expensive, Oxyclean is to keep your whites white and get rid of stains, I opted for cheaper alternatives.  After doing some research, learning that the generic stuff has "fillers," I could make it myself!  What!!!???

It's easy.  The recipe is from Grocery Cart Challenge.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup washing soda
1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide

I use this for all my whites on the hottest water temperature setting.  I let soak for a few hours when used with my laundry soap.

Without the additional non-bleach whitener, your whites may become dingy.  Washing soda is from the same family as baking soda, just a stronger formula as it is heated to a higher temperature during the "making."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...