Sunday, February 12, 2012

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

Pin It

Thought I would try another Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.  This one assured me that it would be soft; I love soft cookies!  My family tried it and wanted more!  I was extremely pleased and surprised with just how soft these cookies were; I'll be making more!  The recipe is adapted from Apple A Day.  I will probably make these again for Valentine's Day and dip into chocolate or drizzle with chocolate almond bark.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup margarine
3/4 cup brown sugar homemade
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large mixing bowl, whip together the margarine and sugars.  Then, add together the egg and vanilla, mixing well.

Stir in the dry ingredients.  Add in the chocolate chips, mixing well.

Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper.  Spread the sticky dough as evenly as possible in the pan.  Bake for about 15 minutes.  Test with tooth pick to test for doneness.  Do not over-bake.  Once cooled, cut into bars.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! My family is really pleased with them! Time to make more for their lunches! lol I hope you enjoy them. Pass it on!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...