Saturday, February 11, 2012

Easy French Silk Pie

Pin It

My husband's favorite pie is French Silk.  I remember buying it at Village Inn for his birthday for many years in our marriage.  While we were getting out of debt, I thought, "There just has to be a way to make this in my kitchen, cheaper than to buy!"  With my husband apprehensive, I pursued to make one, and he loved it!  So now, I make French Silk Pies for all special occasions for my wonderful husband!  The recipe is adapted from Pillsbury.com; it won the Bake-Off Contest in 1951!

Ingredients:
2 9" baked pie shells
1 cup room temperature butter (not margarine)
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
9 tbs cocoa powder
3 tbs veg oil
4 pasteurized eggs

Directions:
Whip together the butter and sugar together, until nice and fluffy.  Add the vanilla, cocoa, and oil.  Mix well.  Whip one egg at a time for 2 minutes each.

Divide the light, airy-whipped chocolate between the 2 pie shells.  Refrigerate for about 2 hours, or until firm.  Garnish with whipped topping and chocolate shavings, if preferred.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...