Saturday, March 17, 2012

Homemade Peanut Butter Bars

Pin It

Courtesy of BAKERLADY's post, I found these am-a-zing peanut butter bars!  My Dear Husband raved about how good they tasted!  ("Are you going to blog about these?!!!")  YAY!!!  They are very rich-tasting, in my opinion, but soooo good!  Quickly, I was able to put these together.  These remind me of Buckeyes, only easier!  I'm all for doing bars over individual balls of peanut butter and chocolate!  :) (My mom thinks I cheat by doing bars!)

Ingredients:
2 sticks melted butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
1 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Melt the butter in the microwave for about a minute.  Then, add the powdered sugar, mashing together as good as possible.  Then, mash-in the graham cracker crumbs and the 1 cup of the peanut butter, one at a time; it will be pretty stiff to stir together.  (Tasted good, but not too good lookin'. lol)

Spray a 9x13 pan with a nonstick cooking spray.  Press down evenly the graham cracker/peanut butter dough.

In another bowl, melt the chocolate chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter in the microwave for 1 minute.  Keep stirring until all the chocolate chips are melted, and is nice & creamy.

Pour over pressed crust the melted chocolate, covering the whole crust.  Refrigerate until hardened, about an hour.  Cut into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...